I hate to break it to the people that think that way, but unfortunately, relationships commonly involve embarrassment, looking like a fool, and sometimes rejection. But love is risking these things in order to keep the dream alive.
But don't get me wrong. If you aren't in a relationship, don't rush into one. Goodness knows I haven't, and I turned out just fine. Quoting one of my favorite songs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5ZwnmJgC-g by Charlie McDonnell "I've never really been in love, and that is fine by me. I'll sit at home and refine the person I want to be. Because I’m still young and not prepared to waste my time..." I think these lines of the song capture how I feel almost perfectly. True, I have never been in love, and I'm not prepared to waste my time (not to mention I have quite a bit of maturing to do), but it's not okay with me. I might make jokes in person, but that doesn't mean that I'm not afraid of growing up and being alone. I have this stupid idea in my head that since no one has really shown interest in me, no one ever will, which is probably not true. However, there's nothing I can do to make this idea go away. Why is that? Because I'm silly and young, and I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Ponder this, dear readers.
If you like thinking about things like this, I suggest reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I just finished, and I'm about to re-read it to make sure I soaked it all in. Warning: it contains some mature/ young adult content, but the deep philosophical meaning hidden within the pages is worth sifting through the vulgarity.
No comments:
Post a Comment